As part of the CHI on-the-ground experience, we’re doing our best to provide restorative opportunities for everyone.
A few innovations we’re attempting this year include:
- Standing areas in papers sessions.
- Standing/pacing areas in the plenary hall so that you can get up from your seat and move about a bit during the main sessions.
- A decompression room with beanbag loungers where you can just get quiet for a bit.
- A great big conference hall where you can be sure to get your daily walking in by going from one session to another.
- We’re encouraging people to tweet to #chi2018 the step counts between main areas in the hall just so you can get a sense of all that good movement between sessions
- A map that has many resources like lunch and breakfast places – and soon where we’ll be plotting food stores in the surrounding area, should you wish to supplement your conference fodder with any seasonal vegetables or fruit not on site.
- A blog to support your Health and Wellbeing before and during CHI: to help you #getFit4CHI before the conference begins and to enhance your experience at the conference – your Health Chair’s getFit4 blog is over at Medium (comments welcome, and keep an eye on social media for new posts).
For questions, please contact m.c. schraefel, your Health/Fitness Chair.